My commute is a lot shorter since I changed jobs last month. I love being just minutes from home! I still have one long commute day, though, so Monday is the perfect time to listen to my favorite podcasts.
- I love Tsh Oxenrider's The Simple Show. Great interviews, lots of practical advice, and simple ideas to incorporate into my life.
- Right now, my favorite writing podcast is Kirsten Oliphant's Create If Writing. Again, lots of practical advice that I need as I prepare to submit my first novel to agents in January.
I've been on a YA kick this year...well, it really started last year when I read The Hunger Games. This is by far the best series I've read since then. Creepy, awesome stories. I can't get enough, but at the same time, I don't want it to end.
Just like Tsh's podcast - full of great stories and practical advice. The chapters are short enough to squeeze one in during a short break.
YA from one of my favorite authors. Creepy story with supernatural undertones.
I've started the dreaded book proposals for my suspense novel. Writing is fun. Editing is hard. Proposals are torture. On the fun side, I'm working on another short short story I hope to have published next year, and I'm dabbling with my second novel.
I'm not much of a TV person, but I am hopelessly addicted to The Blacklist. My husband and I were die-hard 24 fans. We went into mourning when the show was cancelled, and we'd been aimlessly wandering the channels in search of another show since. When The Blacklist debuted in September 2013, we knew we'd struck gold. The bad guys you can't help but like, the twisted and tangled storylines where nothing is as it seems - it's an incredible show.
Our family diet radically changed a few months ago when we had to go on a low-cholesterol diet. When your favorite chef is Paula Deen and you have to cut butter and cream cheese from your recipes...it's a shock, y'all. I'm relearning how to cook. We're finding healthy replacements for tried-and-true favorites. What we love right now:
- chicken chili (I'm going to tweak this one and season it just like I do my traditional chili.)
- Crockpot Cuban chicken (Again, still playing with this one a little, but it's really good.)
- Ghiradelli dark chocolate with sea salted caramel (my guilty pleasure)
Even though it doesn't really get cold here, I love pulling out boots and jackets, putting fall scents in my wax warmer, snuggling under a blanket with a book, and making soup in my Crockpot.
Fall just seems like the perfect time to pull out my knitting projects, which were abandoned as I finished my novel. I'm finishing a "feather and fan" scarf and debating about using my birthday money to buy some luscious bamboo/silk yarn from Hobby Lobby for another scarf.
Fauxdori Traveler's Notebook with Moleskine Cahair Notebooks
Love, love, love this new-to-me system. I've found my perfect planner!
- Needtobreathe The Heat - It's an older album but we bought it before vacation a couple of months ago, since we already had all their others. Can't get enough of it!
- Goodreads - I've been on Goodreads for a while, but only this year have I really gotten into it. I keep adding to my already endless reading list thanks to recommendations I find there.