Monday, July 16, 2012

Boys Moms - Unite!



My oldest son told me not too long ago, “Mom, sometimes you can be manly, and sometimes you can be like a sparkly fairy princess.”  That’s probably not too far from the truth…  I’m Amanda, and there is nothing on earth I love more than being a momma to my boys!  I’m 32 years old and I’ve been married for 12 years to the love of my life, Robby, who is a full-time pastor.  We’re the proud parents of two boys, ages 10 and 7.  In addition to being a pastor’s wife and mom, I work part-time at an insurance agency, I’m a full time student in the dental hygiene program (In May of 2013, I will graduate and officially become an RDH!), I run a home-based business as an independent Miche purse rep, and I lead our church children’s ministry program.  My plate is pretty full, but I love blogging, cooking, running, reading (I love a good mystery/spy story), digital scrapbooking, horseback riding, and going to the gun range.  Strange combination, I know, but I told you my son’s description wasn’t too far off.
 


I chose the name “Grace In Our Moments” for my blog because I know that I need God’s grace in every single moment of my day - as a wife, mom, kids minister, student, employee and more.  I blog about life as a working mom, my faith and what I’m learning (right now I’m doing a series on creating a prayer journal), fitness (I’m a new runner and since leaving my job as the manager of a women’s fitness center a few months ago, I’m creating a whole new workout routine, including running, Pilates, and CrossFit), books and more.  I’m also a contributing blogger for Must Love God (a site created by fellow boy momma Kristi) and an accountability captain for Hello Mornings.

When I was pregnant, I begged God for boys.  I grew up as an only child and the only girl in my neighborhood, so I raced bikes, rode horses and four wheelers, and played with Hot Wheels a lot as a kid.  I love the fun and energy level at our house.  You never know what’s going to happen!  I never thought I would tell my kids “Stop slapping each other with string cheese or I’m not buying it for you anymore,” or yell through the house, “Stop running, put your pants back on, and stop hitting your brother with your underwear!”

One thing I loved as a child (and still love!) is reading.  I’m so glad that my boys have inherited my love of books!  My youngest still loves anything Dr. Seuss and dinosaurs.  He’s also discovering Nate the Great.  My oldest loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, the Hank the Cowdog series, and the How to Train Your Dragon series.  (He got the entire boxed set for Christmas and is almost done with the series now.)  To be honest with you, I love the Wimpy Kid and Dragon books myself…they are really fun!

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog today!  I look forward to reading lots of other blogs and "meeting" lots of other boy moms!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, so good to "meet" you and your sweet boys. I found myself nodding at the mention of things you say to your boys :). And I was an only child as well - these boys rock our worlds, don't they?! Oh and the Hello Mornings challenge has made a huge difference in my life.. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. "...stop hitting your brother with your underwear!” Sounds like our house. We love Wimpy Kid here too. My oldest reads them to me. They crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping over from BMBH. I hear you about needing grace every moment. With a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old - I wouldn't survive without God's grace. Blessings from Zagreb: A Little R & R: www.litterandr.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hopping too... nice to meet you. I love how your boys describe you! Sounds like my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are big readers too. I love what your son said about being both manly and like a sparkly fairy princess. I think being the mom of boys requires us to be both. :) Here from the MOB blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you really do have a full plate! wow! I'm going to check out those Nate the Great and Dragon series books. my oldest is 6 and we are starting to get into real big boy books now

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great intro post! It's lovely to learn a bit more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys are beautiful! Sounds like you do have a full plate. Glad I found you through the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely have a lot on your plate girl! Glad to meet you through to Blog Hop!

    Mary Beth @newlifesteward

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coming by from MOB! My boys are still young (my oldest's only 4) so I guess it might take me a while more before I go "stop hitting your brother with your underwear" bit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping by from the boy mom blog hop. Nice to meet you. I can so relate on needing grace all fo the time. That is has turned into my mantra...God gives us all the graces that we need all of the time and I love how he can give me graces so I can pass that on to my children sometimes too. Anyway, you can find me at www.letterstoabba.blogspot.com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO excited to see your blog at the BMBH. Cannot wait to get to know you better!

    Meghan
    www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love your sense of humor. I too have always wanted boys and am so happy to have two. You do have a full plate but you seem to be managing it gracefully. Glad to find your blog through the MOB Society blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to meet you on the blog hop! You are one busy lady! I love what you had to share and I am especially interested in the prayer journal you talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So great to meet you! I am stopping in from the blog hop, and I love the title to your blog...it's so true! mycornersoftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pictures :) SO cute !

    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!