Sunday, April 1, 2012

No News?

I listen almost entirely to Christian rock music now, but way back, many years ago (like 15+ years ago), I listened to country music a lot, and there was a song that I loved called "No News."  Part of the song goes like this (and no, my memory's not that good - I had to Google the lyrics):
She missed her bus, missed her plane, surely this can be explained,
Lost her car at the mall, got locked in a bathroom stall,
Playing guitar with the band, on the road with Pearl Jam...

Um, yeah...I can't use any of those excuses for my absence from my blog.  Mine is simply called dental hygiene school.  My life revolves around school right now.  I never knew there was so much to getting your teeth cleaned!  Next time you're at the dentist, hug your hygienist.  Seriously, they worked so hard to get where they are.  Tell them thank you.

On the bright side, there are only 6 weeks and 2 days of this semester left.  Not that I'm counting or anything.  Just 44 days until I have time to read, blog, work out, run, spend time with my family, cook, and generally have a life again.  I can't wait!

There are other things going on, too, that are keeping me busy.  There are some job situations (with me) that I can't get specific about, but I would appreciate your prayers.  I'm really needing some direction.  On the bright side, my home business is growing steadily.  I set up my first booth at a large event this weekend, and it went really well.  I'm praying that in time my income from that will become steady enough to let me reduce my work hours.  This opportunity has definitely been an answer to prayers for us.  (It's a great company that's still pretty small - if you're looking for your own home business with a great ground floor opportunity, I'd love to share more about Miche with you, or you can check out my website.)

Despite the stress and pressure I've been under lately, though, I'm excited.  There are some situations where I'm just not sure what's going to happen, but I'm doing my best to simply trust that God is going to work things out.  I'm trying to keep my focus on the new opportunities and new chances for growth that are coming my way.  I'll definitely be sharing more about them here - watch for details on the new adventures coming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!