Sunday, April 22, 2012

When Priorities Get Pushed Aside

Something dawned on me the other day.  I haven't been blogging lately.  I'm a month behind on my "read through the Bible in a year" plan.  I don't remember the last time I worked out.  These were all supposed to be priorities for me - what happened?

I was reading an article on blogging last week, and one point from it really hit home.  If you're going to blog (or do anything else for that matter) you have to make it a priority.  Duh, Amanda.  Sounds simple, but I needed that kick in the pants to bring me back around.  The reason I haven't blogged, read my Bible, or worked out lately isn't a matter of not having time, although things have been insane lately - it's a matter or priorities.  I haven't had my priorities in the right order.

Yes, college is insane right now, and I'm a basket case over it.  Yes, I've been sick.  Yes, I'm a new puppy mom who has been busy with our new baby.  Yes, life is crazy.  But somehow I can find time to catch up on my favorite TV show or play Angry Birds on my phone (I'm a little addicted obsessed hooked on that game...).  Yet I'm pushing some of the most important things in my life aside for these trivial things.

My priorities are being re-alinged this week.  You will see me blogging at least twice a week now.  I will work hard, reading extra until I am caught up on my Bible reading.  As soon as I get over this repiratory virus I'm fighting, I will drag my out-of-shape behind back to the gym and start working out again.  I will sit down every Sunday afternoon and plan my week - I will make things happen instead of letting things happen as they may.  I will make a fresh start and get things moving in the right direction again and fulfill my "one word" goal for this year - FINISH.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got as much going as I do...more, actually. Do you schedule in time to rest??

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!