Sunday, May 12, 2013

God-sized Dreams Come True

This past weekend was proof that God-sized dreams really do come true.  After a year of prerequisite classes, two years in the dental hygiene program, dozens of patients, thousands of tears, lots of struggles and doubts, and a lot of sacrifices, my God-sized dream came true.  I graduated Friday night with my Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene.


I heard my family cheering as I walked in.  I raised my hand, with many others, as a first-generation college grad.  I looked into the stands to see my husband grinning from ear to ear.  I made it across the stage before I started crying with pure joy. 

The night before, my husband surprised me with a big graduation party.  It was the most amazing few days, and definitely one of the proudest moments of my life.

 
I still have a few more steps to take.  I've already taken my national board and am waiting on the results to come in.  Saturday I will take my regional (practical) board.  Once all my test results are in, I just have to apply for my license, and within a few weeks, I will officially be an RDH (registered dental hygienist).  God-sized dreams really do come true!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!