Thursday, February 9, 2012

Major Stress = Epic Fail

It's been a stressful few days, and I have the empty box of Little Debbie cakes in the pantry to prove it.  Its time for this fitness trainer (who knows better) to come clean - yes, I'm a stress eater, and I know my Lean Cuisine meals and Diet Dr. Pepper's aren't doing doing any good if I have a Swiss roll for desert.  I didn't work out this past week either - between my busy schedule and my hubby and kids all being sick, it just didn't happen.
That's not my only failure of the past two weeks.  The first round of major tests and assignments came around last week st school - the same week we opened our gym in its new location and had tons of new members coming in.  It was an extremely successful week, but it left me exhausted and cranky.  Last night found me yelling at the dog after she had an accident on the rug, and at the kids, who defended her.  (Mitsy is about to turn 13 and is almost totally deaf, so she probably didn't even hear me.)
Let's tack on one last thing...I only read my Bible one day last week.  I'm now desperately playing catch-up on my one year Bible reading plan. 
So, in many ways, last week was great, but in many ways, it was an epic fail.  I need grace.  I need it desperately.  I need to make major changes this week.  Here are my goals:
1. Keep a food journal and stick to 1,600 calories a day.
2. Read my Bible daily.  If I don't have time to read much, I'll grab my copy of "Jesus Calling."
3. Have more patience at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!