Friday, March 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Rest

Rest. I don't know the meaning of the word anymore. Even as I try to write, video games blare, the dog barks, something else clamors for my attention. There's no peace, no time to rest in my life now.

The demands are constant. They press on me from every side. I battle panic attacks and emotional meltdowns as graduation draws near and I struggle to fit in all the requirements so I can walk across that stage in my cap and gown.

Sometimes, even now at the very end, I wonder of its worth it. Did I make the right decision? Will it pay off? Will I regret it?

All I can do is turn to God and beg for strength. I can't do this on my own. I need His grace and the rest only He can give. I can't make it through this without Him.

3 comments:

  1. You're almost there! I've been in that boat and it's tough, but I think that after, you will be glad and for now it's just one of those really hard things to get through. Hang in there! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the weight of your responsibilities right now from this post. I agree with Kirsten,...it will be so worth it and walking across that stage will be one of the moments of your life that you will never forget. Good luck getting through the last of it. :) (visiting from 5 Minute Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you ARE busy! I am a pastor's wife and mom of two boys (plus, one girl), too. Thanks for stopping by my fb page and leaving a comment today. It was great seeing you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!