Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Original "Supermom" - Proverbs 31

I have a love/hate relationship with the Proverbs 31 woman.  My Bible opens to Proverbs 31 almost automatically because the pages are so worn - this chapter has been read and referenced over and over.  I have to admit, I stand in awe of the original "Supermom."  On the other hand, part of me can't stand this woman.  She seriously does all that?!?  This woman really makes me look bad.

I was excited to learn about the ebook and summer Good Morning Girls session on Proverbs 31.  As annoying as she may sometimes be, I know that I should be like her.  Honestly, I want to be like her.  I just don't know how.  I don't even know where to start.

One of my favorite things about the Proverbs 31 woman is her background.  Wait a minute - what background, you're asking.  Exactly.  The Bible never talks about her background.  It doesn't tell us how she was raised, what her family was like, or anything else about her past.  It just tells us what she became.  It doesn't matter whether or not we saw this example lived out in front of us when we were little girls.  All that matters is here and now, and the fact that God can change us and shape us into a Godly woman. 

I can't wait to dive deeper into my study this summer.  My prayer is that God will use it to make me into the woman He wants me to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!