Monday, January 14, 2013

Right Where You're At

It's the first day of a new semester - my last semester of dental hygiene school.  I should be feeling pretty good, but I'm not.  Balance is nowhere in sight for me right now.  I'm still playing catch up from Christmas, an out-of-state funeral, and a three day conference.  I'm reeling from the past two weeks, and I'm starting the semester (again) exactly where I said I wouldn't - exhausted, teary-eyed and overwhelmed. 

So what do you do when you're already drowning?  You start right where you are.  For me that means:
  • Better food (and restarting My Fitness Pal)
  • Small steps toward fitness (the #planksalot challenge and walking/running 2-3 days a week)
  • Using a schedule for household chores (to be shared by the entire family)
  • Planning better (for children's church, meals, school, etc.)

I may not be able to control what happens in life, but I can control how I respond to it and how prepared I am for it.  Want to join me?  Leave a comment telling me how you're starting to change things right where you're at.

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl - I'm sorry! What a way to start! Praying things get better and better for you. You are almost done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh*

    I feel your pain. Praying you feel his peace (and grace) as you get back into the routine of school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as well. I've been there too. My main goal is going to bed early. I am hoping everything else will fall in place after that. I haven't always stuck to it, but it is helping. Keep praying.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!