Friday, April 12, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Here

It's overwhelming sometimes - the here and now. I'm drowning in my lists - to do, should do, need to do (but can't do because there's no time). The stress piles up, the pace becomes even more frantic, and the never-ending circle of chaos just spins faster around me.

In these moments, I want to shut myself off. I want to daydream and lose myself somewhere else, anywhere else, outside of this mind-numbing busyness. Sometimes all I want to do is let my mind run away and escape and give up, because no one told it would be this hard.

But I'm not somewhere else. I'm here. This is my reality, my calling, my life that God has painstakingly laid out the pieces of, one by one. When it's good, He's here, and when it's bad, He's still here. Here and now is right where I need to be, too.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to stay centered in the here and now when there's just so much to do, isn't it? Hope you have a good weekend!

    I'm your linky neighbor at Five Minute Fridays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend... I am nowhere near as busy as you, but I can COMPLETELY relate.
    *hugs*
    Praying you through to completion... just LIKE HE PROMISED YOU HE would do!!
    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! It can be really hard to hold onto His promises when chaos swirls around us. I'm so glad my circumstances don't change His Word!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts!